Friday, September 22, 2017

Drake - 10 Months



I really don't even feel bad for being 2 weeks late on this post because my life is the craziest (some good, but mostly not) it's ever been! However, I've already missed a month with this little dude and some big things have happened with him that I just must document! Also, his face in pictures is just too much. I could just devour him. Also, he's naked this time because onesies aren't made big enough to fit 2T lol

At 10 months Drake...

-Is still such a cuddle bug. Although he is so, so, SOOO wiggly...he still craves lots of cuddle time with mama.

-On that same note, when he wants cuddles and I'm busy with something, he will cling onto my leg until I pick him up which makes things impossible to get done (like getting out of the door on time in the morning for work...)


-Is WALKING! He took his first few steps late in his 9th month but he can easily walk across a room now. I was walking fully at 9 months, Richard was 10 and Carter was early 11 so it might just be a genetic thing because I sure know I wasn't helping encourage it.

-Is not a big fan of green vegetables. I attribute this to us being much more lenient with his food than we were with Carter #2ndchildprobs



-Is still built like a total cinder block. However, I've had multiple people tell me he's starting to thin out. (tear) Also, he and Carter can still pretty much share clothes and diapers. |

-Is obsessed with dogs. If he so much as sees one in a commercial on TV he will laugh, wave or babble excitedly at it.



-Adores Carter and thinks he's just the funniest person in the entire world. However, he's not a fan of hugs. Poor Carter will try and Drake will literally push him off with two hands.

-Had a really good couple of weeks where he was sleeping almost all the way through the night. This has changed a bit over the last week or so and I'm hoping it's just some more teething.



-Is done nursing. We were down to just nursing when he woke up in the middle of the night. Otherwise, my supply was just so low and he just didn't have the interest/patience to nurse. I thought I'd be sad, but I'm actually totally fine with it! Drake was so over it so I don't feel like I'm depriving him at all. However, washing bottles is such a pain...

-Loves being outside. If we even crack the door, he bolts. We just laid some new sod in our backyard and I can't wait until I can just throw both those boys back there to play again :)


-Still only says dada. No other words yet. I don't know if my expectations were skewed because Carter had a 5 word vocab at 5 months, but I was a little worried. Google says first words usually happen around their first birthday so that helped my mama heart a bit! He will sit through books a little better now though so I think that should really help!


-Loves bath time. Will bolt whenever he hears the bathroom door open, which is sometimes a big hassle since we're in the middle of potty training Carter

-Has so much hair. The kid really needs a haircut but I just can't imagine him sitting still for someone yet.

-Speaking of hair...he pulls my hair at any chance he gets and YIKES it hurts!!


-Still loves climbing all over me and smacking me in the face while I'm on the ground. He basically just beats me up all day long but I just can't ever be mad at him...his face is too cute.

We love you Drakey boy! Can't believe we're starting to think about your BIRTHDAY PARTY!!










No comments:

Post a Comment