Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Drake - 9 Months



Holy smokes, this kid killed it in his photoshoot today. All smiles, all heart eyes, all the time.

At 9 months Drake,

Has two new top teeth that started to poke through to accompany his bottom two teeth. There looks to be another tooth on the top left coming through as well, but I'll believe it when I see it! I said the same thing about a bottom tooth and it tucked back under. He had been acting pretty crabby for a few days and we thought it was from a change in his diet, but then his teeth poked on through! His smile is even cuter now, if that's possible.


Crawls SO fast, especially when he notices Carter walking away from a favorite toy. He knows he only has a limited amount of time to snatch it. He also climbs up on everything, can climb stairs and walks along furniture. Luckily his clumsy stage was pretty short and he now knows how to get down from anything pretty gracefully. He still tries some pretty dangerous stunts but since but I don't feel like I have to hover over him all the time, which has been great.


Finally is starting to be a bit vocal. His first word was....drumroll.....
Dada, of course. Not shocked about that in the least. He's obsessed with his Daddy. He pronounces it closer to "duh duh" but we're counting it!


Definitely prefers adult food over pureed baby food. Looking back, I feel like he has always kind of been this way. He's a great eater (obviously) and has never gagged once on anything. Honestly, it is much easier going the baby-led weaning route so I don't mind one bit. However, we still keep some packs of veggie baby food on hand for those nights that the rest of us just have pizza ;)


Is still in size 4 diapers but needs to wear at least 18 month clothing. Him and Carter share the same size swim diaper and some clothing haha

Is a pretty terrible napper still. We're at the point where he'll take his short morning nap (30-40 mins) in the car seat when we go for an errand and his longer afternoon nap (1-1.5 hrs) in the swing. He does decent at sleeping in his crib at night but for whatever reason he just will not stay down for naps. I vaguely remember Carter doing the same thing and growing out of it though so I'm not loosing hope. I've also learned that a swing nap is better than no nap, so we're rolling with it.


LOVES Carter. That boy can get him laughing like no other. I am just obsessed with their relationship and am starting to be happy that we had them so close together. Key word: starting.

Has had way more junk food than Carter ever had at his age. Carter never tasted chocolate or ice cream or pizza or anythinggg until he was at least a year old. Drake on the other hand...whoops


Loves the water, especially the splash pad. Totally laughs when he gets sprayed in the face. Makes my life easy because it happens quite often

Is developing some pretty wild, unruly hair. I think he would definitely benefit from a little trim around his ears and off the top. However, I think a fairy loses their wings every time a less-than-one-year-old gets a haircut, so I'll wait just a few more months.


Still slays me with those enormous blue eyes. I am completely immune to them and I recognize that I'm in big trouble.


LOVES it when I lay on the ground and let him crawl all over me. Bonus points if he gets to pull my hair.

Hasn't seemed to develop any type of stranger danger yet, he'll still let anyone hold him

Is still the most wiggly kid in the universe and cannot sit still for the life of him. Sometimes I get tired just watching how busy my kids are


Will grant you a huge smile from simply just giving him eye contact. It's the best.

Is really only called Drake if he's being naughty (Draaaaake). Otherwise, he's Drakey, Drakers, Drakey Pakey or Draker Paker


Drakey baby your family loves you so much and feel so blessed that we can call you ours.











No comments:

Post a Comment