Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Drake - 11 Months



10 days late, but OH MYYY do these pictures make up for it. Look at this kids face! I just cannot handle him sometimes. Can't believe little mister will be ONE next month!



At 11 months, Drake

-Is a champion walker. He'll even run sometimes when Richard chases him around the condo. He walks so differently than Carter did. Carter was super bow-legged and Drake almost marches around with how high he picks up his knees, so cute.


-Still gets stopped everywhere about his blue eyes. I feel like maybe people just don't expect them after looking at Carter and I when we're out.

-Loves to wrestle with Carter. If Carter is laying on the ground to get his diaper changed, Drake will bolt over and body slam him and proceed to roll all over him. Carter loves it, luckily.


-Hates shoes. I'm always terrible about putting my kids in shoes before they walk. I thought I would be the type to dress them up but it just never was worth the extra step to me. However, since he's walking now...he kind of has to wear shoes. So I was putting some hand-me-downs on him and he just didn't even know what to do with his feet when they were on. #momfail... I'll have to get some super soft soled ones to help him transition because he's just not having it!

-Still is a big fan of bath time. However, he's not one to stay in forever either. He'll let you know when he's done. Usually after 10 minutes or so.


-Is sleeping through the night!!! I wish I would have just done it sooner, dang it. We put Carter's toddler bed into our room for 4 days and went to work. The first night we laid Drake down in his crib, sleepy, but awake and he cried for 30 minutes and went to sleep. The second night, he cried for 5 minutes and went to sleep. The 3rd night, he whined until I shut the door, then he went right to sleep. Literally the easiest thing ever. Life is just so much easier when you can get at least a 7 hour stretch.

-Is still such an animal lover, especially dogs. We have this little stuffed pink poodle that Richard's grandma gave to us and Drake is obsessed with it and sleeps with it every night lol


-Can officially climb things now. His favorite being Carter's toddler bed and the couch. Today instead of grabbing him down from the couch, I just kind of hovered and wanted to see how he planned on getting down. To my surprise, he turned around and went down feet first! I don't know if he learned that from watching Carter, but I am very, very grateful.

-Is in the process of getting like 4 new teeth. One on his bottom left has poked through, but his gums are so swollen and sore, poor buddy



-Still only says Dada, but is continually babbling more. Fingers crossed for a "mama" for Christmas!


^^I cannot get over this photo. I laugh out loud every time!

-Eats so.much.food. I feed him the same amount as Carter and he'll sometimes want more. I'm glad we got a Costco card this year because I have a feeling with 3 big boys in our home...we're going to need it.

-Got transitioned into Carter's old convertible car seat and has a bit more wiggle room which I think he likes! 

-Love you my little Drakey Pakey!!! (sorry if you're embarrassed reading this 15 years later) You are the perfect addition to our family and we are so grateful your goofball self belongs to us.















No comments:

Post a Comment