Sunday, April 9, 2017

Drake - 5 Months



5 MONTHS! Our life is kind of in shambles right now for various reasons so I just do not have the energy to do the "one onesie chair pics." Luckily he is super photogenic and I've been a bit photo crazy ever since losing my phone to make up for the lost memories. So all these photos are from the last two days haha. At 5 months Drake...

- Rolls over continuously. I remember this was how Carter was as well. As soon as we lay him down on his back he flips right over onto his stomach. However, he has seemed to have forgotten how to flip back onto his stomach so he will spaz out until we flip him over. ...and then proceed to do it all over again

- Is such a happy baby and will smile for EVERYONE so obviously everyone loves him. Most of his smiles are accompanied with a wide open mouth which just makes you feel like best person in the whole world. If anyone who is reading this has a non-stop colicky baby...hang on!! There's a chance they will turn into an angel baby!


-Loves facing outward in his carrier and going on walks with big brother. It sort of breaks my back but I'll do anything to make him happy! Luckily he is very good about going on rides in his car seat and stroller as well. Honestly, he's just really easy to take anywhere. 


- Has the most beautiful big blue eyes ever and gets complimented every where he goes. We have brown, green and now blue eyes in our family. All we need is hazel next and we'll be all rounded out!

-Has blowouts constantly. We have yet to find a diaper that will contain his nonsense. That's probably TMI but it's my blog so whattevvv!


-Is the most inconsistent sleeper ever. One night he will give me a 6-7 hour stretch and some nights he's up every 2.5 hours. It's mostly my fault because I got him into the habit of nursing him to sleep so we need to begin sleep training. But it wakes Carter up when we let him cry since his room is right next to ours so I'm procrastinating, which will surely make the problem worse...sigh.


-Luckily he is still a very good napper. My mother-in-law watches him on Fridays and for some reason he takes like a 3 hour nap every morning at like 10. However, the rest of the 6 days he'll take a 45 min morning nap and then a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon around 1 or 2 and then occasionally a 20-30 minute nap around 6. The long nap in the afternoon coordinates with Carter's and it lets me keep my sanity.


-Is very ticklish. Especially in his yummy little neck rolls and underside of his thighs. His laugh killllllllssss me it's so dang cute.

-Has very good hand/eye coordination and is very intentional about his movements.


-Still chews on his hands and any fabric he can get all day long. Whenever I put him in long sleeves he grabs onto the sleeve with all his might to get it in his mouth. So frustrating but so cute.


-Wears 9-12 month clothing and size 4 diapers. He is also 20 pounds and 26.5" tall. 90% for height and off the charts for weight. He's going to be caught up to big brother in no time

-Loves being held and most of the time I comply because babies just don't keep. (Even if he is heavy at 20 pounds!) However, we did get him one of those circular activity centers which does help when I need a break or need to get chores done. He loves it


- Kicks SO hard that I have bruises. He did this while I was pregnant though so no surprise there.

-Makes these tiny kissy noises which I swear are just for me ;) 


-Has had a few pieces of ice and a tiny nibble of an otter pop. Carter's first taste of "food" was a slurpee on free slurpee day (when he was 4 months old) so it only seemed appropriate to do it for Drake also. Just don't tell our pediatrician ;) The plan is to let him have his first taste of baby oatmeal on Easter.

-Loves his big brother Carter so, so much. He still watches and laughs at his antics all day long

-Is called Drakey, Drakers, Drakey Pakey and Chunk by Richard and I. Carter calls him "bebe" unless we ask him what brother's name is and he will say "Drate"





Mommy and Daddy are quite obsessed with you and can't imagine our lives without you. We love your sweet kind spirit and are so enjoying watching you grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment